Image Map

Saturday, November 8, 2008

About moi.

I’m 23 years old.  I have a hard time answering the question “Where are you from,” because I moved around so much growing up!  I’ve lived in Southern California, Utah, North Carolina, Texas, and Florida.  Between that and my heritage, I’m a West-Coast, Southern-Belle Hybrid. 
  


I’m kind of a big nerd, but I like to think it’s in a quirky, fun sort of way, rather than in a socially awkward type of way.  Realistically, it’s probably a bit of both.  I’m an introvert who loves people; I just like my quiet time too.  I love to read—I studied English in college and had the time of my life going to class.  (Told you I was a nerd.)  I love photography and am struggling to become better at it.  I love going on adventures and exploring new places, I love making our house a home, I love food, and I love to lust after clothes I can’t afford.  But mostly I love my little, growing family.



I married my best friend, Dan in the Salt Lake Temple in December of 2009.  It was the best decision I ever made, and even though we are total opposites and already argue like an old marry couple, there is nobody I have more fun with, and nobody who makes me happier.  Our daughter, London Grace, joined our family in March of 2012, and is just about the sweetest thing to ever fall from heaven.  I love almost every moment of motherhood, and even in those moments I'm not so in love with it, she usually does something to get me laughing within seconds.  We're expecting our next baby (another girl!) around the end of October 2013.

My whole life, I have struggled a bit with the concept of “home,” since I had such a wandering, gypsy-like childhood.  Right now, home is wherever my husband and daughter are.  We’re having as much fun as we can in the California sunshine before my husband finishes his last year of dental school (hallelujah!)  After that, we’ll be headed who knows where.  The army has graciously footed the bill for all dental education related needs, so my husband will be paying back their generosity with a few years of service.  We’re excited to see where the next adventure takes us.



I started this blog in 2008 as a way to siphon off my thoughts when I felt there were too many in my head, but over time it has also become a great way to keep in touch with family and friends when they are oh so far away.  If you like what you're seeing, feel free to stay awhile and comment.  We like new friends!