Image Map

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Having friends is awesome. In case anyone was wondering.

I had Veteran's Day off from work.  I was very excited, because Dan normally has Thursdays off, so that meant we could go and do something fun.  I'd wanted to go with some of our new friends to the Getty Museum, but that didn't work out.  So then I decided that maybe Dan and I could go to the LA Zoo, since we live like 20 minutes away from it.  I was seriously so excited for this.  I think I just channeled all the frustrated excitment for the Getty into this zoo outing.  Plus, I love going to the zoo almost as much as I love museums.  I'm kind of a nerd, it's ok.  Unfortunately, on the way up to the zoo, we passed one of those traffic update signs.  You know, the kind that say "20 minutes to such and such place/junction/exit."  This one was the most heartbreaking sign in the world.  I felt like a five year old that found out Santa wasn't real.  This sign said, "Zoo parking lot full, exit jammed."  You have got to be kidding me.  Basically, I'd now had two of my brilliant plans for the day frustrated (three if you want to count my Disneyland idea that Dan shot down).  Naturally I started getting mopey because I was starting to feel like Eyeore with his personal raincloud in Winnie the Pooh.  Fortunately, I have an awesome husband who took me to lunch at Applebee's.  He was going to take me to see Inception at the dollar theater after that, but some of our new friends (Mandy and Russell) texted us to see if we wanted to go to Old Pasadena with them that night.  We decided to do that instead, because that sounded like more fun. We went shopping, talked about all the restaurants we wanted to go to sometime (a Cheesecake Factory and a P.F. Changs?  I'm in heaven), and enjoyed some delicious frozen yogurt.

They are so cute!

I hope I don't really look like this in real life.

P.S. We still managed to see Inception at the dollar theater on Friday with our other new friends, Melissa and David.  I don't have any pictures of that, but it was just as fun!

No comments: