Image Map

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Dan is my Minnie Driver




 Have you ever seen the movie Return to Me?  It stars Minnie Driver as the recipient of a heart transplant, who ends up falling in love with the widower of her heart donor.  It's been one of my favorite movies since I was 12 or 13 years old.  One of my favorite scenes occurs at a bowling alley; Minnie Driver's character comes from a large Italian (and Irish!) family, who all love to bowl.  They're all really good at it, and as the scene opens we watch them each get strike after strike. Then her love interest steps up...and hits like one pin.  This is pretty much the story of my life.  I married into a large Italian family that loves to bowl and is really great at it.  I think bowling is fun, and I thought I was getting better...but apparently I still need the bumpers! 



They still cheer for me when I hit a pin just as loud as when they get a strike.  I guess sometimes real life really is like the movies.

1 comment:

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

This post made me laugh a lot.

I am also bad at bowling...my pattern is: strike, nothing, strike, nothing. I'm neither constantly great or consistently bad haha.