Image Map

Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Good, the Bad, and The Ugly

Let it be known that yesterday marks the first temper tantrum London has ever thrown.  This baby is trouble-maker.  I feel like my life has become a broken record in which I am always saying, "No, London!  That's naughty, we don't do that!!  NO, no, no, no!"  Her usual response is to turn and look at me, smile, and go back to whatever she is doing.  Obviously she has no idea what the word no means, so how can I get mad at her, right??

Yesterday, her life's goal was to take every book off of our bookshelf.  I let her do this with our DVD's, because she can't really hurt them that much and if it keeps her entertained, then I'm all for it.  The books however, is a different story.  I was an English major, and books have a special place in my heart.  No way am I letting her rip them to shreds for her own amusement.  So much of yesterday was spent putting books back on the shelf and moving London to a different part of the room and distracting her with a toy...only to have to go back to the bookshelf 10 minutes later and do the whole thing over again.  Finally, I see her crawling towards the bookshelf again, and then that naughty little baby pauses, glances over her shoulder at me, gives a mischievous grin...crawls a few more paces, looks back again to see if I'm watching and BOOKS it for the books.  Are you kidding me??? So I say as sternly as I can, "No, London, naughty."  Which only makes her giggle and crawl all the faster.  As soon as her finger alights on the first book, I rush over and pick her up.  I look her in the face and say, "NO." And set her back down a few feet away.  She looks up and tears start welling in her eyes.  Then she shrieks like a banshee and begins crawling away from me furiously.  So turns out, she does know what the word no means.  She just doesn't like it.

London's other favorite naughty thing to do is dig in the trash can, find something especially disgusting, and chew on it.  I'm forseeing a lidded trash can in our near future.

Don't get me wrong, there's lots of great stuff too.  London can stand on her own...so long as there aren't too many people watching her, and you don't cheer too loud when she does it.  She's a little bit bashful.  Plus, she's still super cute, so there's that too.



In the midst of a merciful THREE HOUR nap.



2 comments:

SupaFlowaPowa said...

sounds like it's time to begin time-outs. i actually wish i had began it sooner cuz they do know - they just don't let on that they do. hehe she is one cutie though!

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

Our friends say it isn't the terrible twos, but the terrible threes. All I know? I am terrified of either. The trash thing sounds pretty terrifying too.