Image Map

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

London's Birthday

Kind of nuts that I have a two-year-old.  But facts are facts and I've now been the mother to one for the past two days.  I love this dreamy, stubborn, joyful girly-girl of mine. 



We took it kind of easy this year--we just had family and a few close friends over for a birthday dinner and cake.  But it was still a whole bunch of fun, and I know London had a great time.  That's what really counts isn't it? 

So what is two-year-old London like?  She still loves The Little Mermaid.  She loves princesses and dress-up and jewelry.  She sings and dances anytime music comes on. (And I mean any time.  If a commercial on the tv has a good beat, you can always count on London to turn it into a dance party.)  She is most definitely a girly-girl, but she also loves to run and jump and be outside.  Her hair is always a mess, and if she could swing all day she would. 



Coloring is a daily activity, as is snuggling with her sister.  She always wants to change a doll's or stuffed animal's diaper when I change Juliet.  She loves to take pictures on my phone (usually of the ground, but every once in a while they are actually kind of cool).

She thinks every color is the color green and every letter is the letter c--but we are working on that.  She is constantly surprising me with how quickly she learns things.  All of a sudden she is speaking in little sentences, and repeating everything I say to try out the words on her own tongue.  New words are learned literally every day.

Even though she is a total stinker and completely mischievous, she also is so sweet.  Little moments I have with her make me so grateful to be her mom during the times I have put her in time-out for the tenth time in an hour.  When Dan was out of town a couple weeks ago she kept saying to me, "miss Daddy.  Miss Daddy." Over and over again--it's enough to break a momma's heart.  But in a good way.  The other night I was saying the blessing on our dinner, and after I finish she looked at me and said, "Mama, Papa better!  Papa, better!"  She remembered that we ask for her Papa to get better and not be sick anymore every night in her bedtime prayer, and she wanted to make sure that I didn't forget it.  It is inspiring to me that such a little body contains such a big heart.




London, you give me a run for my money almost every day, but I'm already proud of the sweet, resourceful, and clever little girl you are already becoming.  I can't wait to watch how much you grow this next year.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Happy Birthday London! What a beautiful post from a mother to her daughter!