Image Map

Sunday, October 12, 2014

The Lost Days: Grand Tetons

I was talking with my Grammie yesterday, and she told me she has been waiting and waiting on my pictures from our family reunion to Yellowstone last July.  Even though I stopped blogging for a little while, the world didn't stop spinning, so I thought I would play catch up for the forgotten memories of the summer.  I'll start with Yellowstone, because Grammie is "the queen" of the family, and her wish is my command!

We flew into Salt Lake City, and started our drive up to Yellowstone through Idaho.  We stopped in Rexburg to visit with my brother, Spicer, who was attending school there.  He wasn't able to join us for the family reunion because he had his last performance at BYU Idaho.  We stopped by and checked out the set for his play, grabbed something to eat, and checked into a hotel for the night.

The set of The Shoemaker's Holiday.

Idaho countryside.

Approaching the Tetons!

Once we woke up in the morning, we were on our way to the Grand Tetons.  The Tetons were named by a Frenchman (surprise, surprise!)  because of their resemblance to...well, I think you know.  My dad enjoyed making lots of colorful jokes our whole time here.  The Tetons contained some of the most spectacular scenery I have ever seen, and if you know me, you know I am a sucker for a pretty view.  Cue the excessive amounts of pictures.


This quote is my LIFE.
These mountains are especially jaw-dropping because they abruptly rise up out of the valley.  There's no foothills, just suddenly, there they are.  The jagged peaks pierce the sky and make for an incredibly dramatic skyline.  We went to one of the visitors centers and then went on an easy hike around Jenny Lake.  I couldn't believe how around every bend there was another beautiful view.  I'm pretty sure there's not an ugly or less-than-stellar speck in this park.  I wish the pictures translated better, but you get what you get...





Wildflowers. :)



The water was so unbelievably clear (and cold).


Mountain Men.


Cowboy Ti.


My dad is my hero.  He pushed London up and over and around rocks and hills in this dinky umbrella stroller; no small feat!


I loved how lush and dense the greenery was.




THE BLUE!!





Moose Track Jack.




The hike culminated at this spectacular waterfall.  Crossing the bridge after that long hike felt so amazing!  As my dad said, "It's nature's air-conditioning!"

My first ever selfie.  (Post-Myspace, anyways. ;))









Instead of hiking around the rest of the lake, we took a ferry back to the trail head.  We got another breath-taking view as we crossed the lake:





As amazing as the Tetons were, they were only the appetizer to our figurative feast awaiting us at Yellowstone.

No comments: