Image Map

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Paranoid

I am always afraid that I am that annoying, weird girl that people avoid.  I probably think this because I used to be that girl.  No, really I did.  And I guess I still am, I've just developed better social skills as time has gone on (which still aren't that great).  It doesn't change the fact that I'm sometimes afraid people are nice to me out of pity.  Which is why it is always fun when someone that I admire for their confidence/fashion sense/intelligence/awesomeness gives me a genuine compliment.

Yesterday, this girl in my class turned to me and said, "You know your cute t-strap rainbow bead sandals?  Well, I liked them so much, I asked for some for my birthday, and I got them!  But I've only worn them on Monday/Wednesday/Friday, because I didn't want you to think that I was a copycat...because I really am!  But they're so cute!"

Ok, so maybe this was a compliment to my shoes, and not to me, but still.  It's the little things in life. =]

2 comments:

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

Yeah...I'm kind of the same way, but there are always out of state colleges haha (reference Strong Bad Emails: Hygiene).

That's such a sweet compliment :)

brighton said...

i love you and you are not that girl to me!