Image Map

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

30 Days of Blogging: Day 2

I feel like my blog name is pretty straight-foward: I'm a girl and I have brown eyes.  Really though, I agonized over what to name this blog.  I wanted to be something a little unique, but not something that I would regret in a year or two--like unto my e-mail in high school.  (I was a fan of the whole "xXputawordhereXx" thing.)  I wanted it to represent me, obviously, but still be fairly general.  Seriously, I think I took longer picking a name than I did writing my first post.  Fortunately, Van Morrison helped me out.



When I was little, my dad used to sing this song to me all the time.  And I'm still his brown-eyed girl, because 5 kids later, I'm still the only one with brown eyes.  Granted, three of those other kids are boys, so the song couldn't apply to them anyways, but allow me to feel special.  My dad is the only one in the family that has brown eyes too, and I'm a daddy's girl at heart (don't worry, Mom, I love you too!) 

I think the name suits me, because more than two years after the fact, I think I like it even more.

(On another note, the first time I really listened to the lyrics in this song was in high school, and I was slightly disturbed by the third verse, seeing as how this is my daddy-daughter song.  I just try not to listen to that part.)
"And youuuu my brown-eyed girl"

30 Days of Blogging

No comments: