Image Map

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Temple Lights

I just have one more Utah post I'd like to sneak in before the end of the year.  One of my favorite things about Christmas in Utah is all the lights on Temple Square.  I love them so much, I don't care how cold it is.  I don't even care if it's wet and miserably drizzling.  Which it was, in case you were wondering.  So between the drizzle and the dark and my amateur photo-skills, these pictures aren't that much to brag about.  BUT, I like them, because they make me think of the fun I had dragging my sister and cousin around trying to see every last little twinkly light.

All bundled up in borrowed coats.
 



Tree in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.
I really liked this little paper bag shepherd!
There's something about Christmas lights that just makes me fundamentally happy.  Bubbly and hopeful and anxious (in the good way).  But in the midst of the millions of little lights, I felt a welcomed peace.  It definitely reset me from Americana-Consumer-Christmas to a Peace on Earth, Goodwill to Men Christmas.  And that is always, always, always a good thing.







P.S. I am playing around with the look of the blog, and I think I am done, but maybe, possibly not, so sorry if it gets a little weird.

2 comments:

Paige Taylor Evans said...

I love the abstract photo!

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

You are so gorgeous! I love your red hair.

I definitely miss Utah and the lights are definitely a part of that. The SLC temple is my favorite.

It looks like Hope and Natasha are having a blast.