Image Map

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Long time, no see...

Well this is slightly awkward.  I wish I could say that I've just been soooo busy and doing so much and that's the reason I haven't blogged in almost a month.  But in the spirit of honesty--I've just been being a bum.  That's right, we've had several days where I haven't gotten out of my jammies.  I've been watching TV, eating junk, doing the bare minimum to keep this household functioning.  Why?  Sheer laziness.  What a way to start out my new year, huh??  I'm not proud of it, but it happened, and I think I'm over it. 


I think another problem was I became consumed by a scrapbook project the last couple weeks.  I got some scrapbook supplies for Christmas and went a little crazy.  I just finished our wedding and I'm getting ready to start on one for London.  So that is my one productive thing for this month--although I don't know how productive it is if it's distracting me from everything else. 



So here's a little catch-up.  We returned home from Dan's family's house on January 1st, after celebrating his madre's birthday!  While we were gone, we'd recieved a couple of (late) Christmas packages, so the next morning, we had Second Christmas!

Image via Hipster Lord of the Rings
London is becoming a pro at unwrapping gifts!  Having two Christmases really helps in that department.

For real?  We get to do this again???


London now probably has about 1 million toys, but she seriously has been having so much fun with all of them that I don't even care that our house is a disaster area half the time.  She especially enjoys chasing after balls of all shape and sizes.  This makes Dan hopeful that she will be a little athlete, but I'm still holding out for a ballerina.  She might be both--she also looooves to dance.

Here's a few pictures of the little busybody, at the request of my father, who informed me yesterday that he has been waiting with bated breath for a new blog post with pictures of his one and only granddaughter. 









My motto for the new year is hope.  Hope that I can break bad habits, be a better person, have a better attitude, etc.  So here's to hoping I won't take a whole month off from life again.

(Last year's motto was joie de vivre.)

4 comments:

Paige Taylor Evans said...

London's gonna be walking any day now, check her out!!

Robyn Carr said...

oh my gosh- she is so cute and so big!!
And you may have gotten that obsession with a project (or book) from me- sadly I have been known to do the same thing!

SupaFlowaPowa said...

welcome back! I missed you!!! London is getting so big and she is so dang adorable!!!! I'm glad you guys had a great Christmas and glad you're back though the first thing I thought was .. she's pregnant! lol.

robertandsharon said...

I love the last picture of London with her tongue stuck out as if it is helping her guide her walking toy...soooo cute! And everybody needs to be lazy sometime; just get up and get started moving about again! Love you...