Image Map

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Yosemite: Day 3

We are finally settling down into a routine around here, for the first time since I don't know how long.  Probably since I got pregnant heebie jeebies.  I got some cleaning done, have been running a million errands, and even knocked out a project or two.  Plus, London is back on a regular nap schedule, which has literally been like my heaven on earth.  Yesterday she took one giant marathon nap...it was incredible.  I felt like a new woman by the time she woke up!  You would think I was the one who took the nap.

On our third day in Yosemite, we mostly hung out in Yosemite Valley.  We did a quick hike up to Yosemite Falls, which I'm sure the peeps who had hiked Half Dome the day before we're thrilled about. ;)  But it's the tallest waterfall in North America, so I mean, ya gotta see it while you're there, right?  Plus I am all about my hiking and nature walks, and I'd missed out on Half Dome, so I was probably excited enough for everyone.

Are we having fun yet??





London had a blast playing at the pool down at the bottom of the falls, while some of us scrambled up the rocks to some pools a little higher up.  I gave up about 3/4 of the way to the highest pool, because the rocks were getting pretty treacherous for an off-balanced pregnant lady.  But I had fun up to that point.  I wish I had taken my camera, but I was worried it would get a little banged up, and I didn't even have my phone on me to take some crappy pictures.  Bummer dude.




The whole gang!

We also went to the visitors center and checked out the Ansel Adams Gallery.  Earlier on the trip, we kept joking, "I'm no Ansel Adams, but I'll see what I can do."  Ummm, yeah, after looking at some of his work up close and in person, I can state that with even more confidence than before.  I would love to have a print of his blown up all huge for our home though.  Incredible.  He really captured the majesty of the park in a way no one else could.

Mason learns about Native American culture in the visitors center.
That night at the cabin we had a lip synch competition with all the families.  We performed "The Brady Bunch!" I was going to post a video, but I've been having some technical difficulties...I did manage to create this super fast madness.  So you get the general idea.


All the lip synchers were so cute!  But I don't think I'll ever forget Aunt Vicki's family and their rendition of California Gurlz.  Katy Perry and Snoop Dog (Lion???) never looked so good!


I'm already missing all the trees, winding roads, sheer granite cliffs, and the late night talks.  Can't wait to share our last day with you guys--Sequoias!

1 comment:

Jamie Sefcik || Hello Little Scout said...

so beautiful!!! Looks like so much fun!