Image Map

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Festivities

Growing up, I would have told you that Christmas was my favorite holiday, hands-down, no competition.  And while I still do LOVE Christmas, ever since college, Easter has become more and more meaningful to me.  I think that as my testimony of Christ grows, so does my love for Easter.  After all, as a friend of mine once pointed out, Christmas is only special because of today.

Easter just feels so fresh in mind.  I think when I moved to Utah and experienced a real winter for the first time in years, I really began to appreciate the new life that comes each spring.  And that's really what Easter is all about, isn't it? Clean slates, fresh starts, second chances, living again.  There's beauty in the details.

Last Easter I was horribly sick, so I pretty much missed out on any and all Easter celebrations.  This year completely made up for it.  I think watching London run around yelling, "Easter eggs!!  What's inside??" is enough to bring a smile to anyone's face.  But then again, I am a little biased.

Yesterday, we had a fun egg hunt at our favorite park with all our friends from church.  We walked to the park, and I let London hold her basket (filled with the eggs we were contributing to the hunt.)  At some point on the walk, she figured out the eggs were holding chocolate, and decided to sneak a few pieces.  When I looked down to see Hershey's kisses smeared across her face, she looked up at me with such glee and squealed, "CHOCOLATE!!"  She is lucky she is so cute.  Fortunately I had enough extra chocolate to refill the empty egg.

 


Thanks Mandy, for the cuteness!!
 This morning, the girls woke up with baskets of goodies from the Easter Bunny.  London enjoyed yet another Easter egg hunt before church. 

London had some SERIOUS bed-head this morning.

Playing with her new princess puzzle the Easter Bunny brought her.



After church we headed up to Dan's parents for dinner and...ANOTHER egg hunt. ;)  London has got that part of Easter down. I just hope that I can help teach my girls the reason behind all the fun and joy on this day. 









So grateful for my Savior and all that is possible because of Him. 

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Amen to that! What a wonderful day and beautiful pictures of your two girls

robertandsharon said...

I can't believe how long London's hair is and Juliet's is growing too. They are adorable. You are blessed!