Image Map

Monday, June 16, 2014

Back from one adventure and onto the next.

This blog is really starting to read like a travelogue, huh?  Sorry if that bothers you, because we aren't even close to being done yet!

So ready!!
Dan and I enjoyed a couple of days at home with my parents and then we were off again!  This time on an adults-only (!!!) vacay with our good friends, the Lukers.  ...ADULTS ONLY!!! You guys, I love my kids, I love being a mom, they are little miracles and seriously are my reason for living...but this was so, so needed!!! And appreciated!  I came back from our cruise feeling like a human being again for the first time in months.  (It's pretty incredible what a couple nights in a row of uninterrupted sleep can do for you.)


I just enjoy this because I'm pretty sure we were all taking pictures of our plates at this moment (at least Dan and Melissa were at the same time.)

Our ship left port out of Miami, and then had a couple of days at sea before our first port of call.  We sailed on the Norwegian Getaway, and it was incredible.  It is a brand new ship, so everything was really nice.  Our cabins were the biggest I can ever remember having on a cruise, and they were the crappy ones!  There was so much to do: a ton of water slides, rock climbing, a ropes course, mini golf, bungee, several pools and hot tubs, and all kinds of entertainment.  Legally Blonde the Musical (UM, YES!), incredible music acts, a magic show, comedians that were actually funny, dance parties...the list goes on.  Every night we had a good time.  And the food, you guys...THE FOOD.  The whole reason you go on a cruise! ;) I will just leave it at this: Warm Chocolate Lava Cake.

Dan's favorite part of the cruise.  (No joke)

Totally candid moment.  Cannot remember what elicited this reaction, but I love this pic!

Goodbye, Miami!









It was, in a word, perfection.  And that's before we even saw an island.

1 comment:

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Oh what FUN! We went on a cruise with the Bybees once and yes, kids are the reason for our existence, but boy it sure is fun to go cruisin :)