Image Map

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Hi.

So, here's the 411: Spring Term be out of control. Three classes sounds like a cinch, but I promise it's not; I've had a paper or project do pretty much everyday of class. Plus lots and lots of reading. I am taking American Folklore, Postmodernism, and Critical Theory.

American Folklore is like being in the 5th grade again. Which is totally chill. Plus my favorite fellow English major, Brighton, is in there with me. And our textbook is a children's book of tall tales. Can you say awesome?

Postmodernism is that perfect mix of challenging and interesting. It may be my new fave time period/movement to study. Plus, I've gotten good grades/feedback on all assignments, and I'm pretty sure my teacher likes me. She always loves my comments and she wrote that she "thoroughly enjoyed reading this" on one of my papers. End of story: I'm the greatest. (Joke. Duh.)

Also, connection! The last book we read for PoMo was The English Patient, which was made into a movie a few years ago. Anyways, my mommy told me about this Seinfeld episode all about the movie version, so Dan and I watched it, and it's HYSTERICAL. Here's a lovely clip of Elaine with her boss at the movies.



Critical Theory makes me want to kill myself. Seriously. The other day in that class I wrote in my notes "Kill me now!" Then I scribbled it out because it sounded like a hex or something, and I don't really want to die. I just hate that class. It's TWO AND A HALF HOURS LONG. My teacher for that class has a hook hand, so you'd think he'd be more interesting. Nope. Like Professor Binns in Harry Potter. Essentially it's a philosophy class, and so far we've covered Plato and Aristotle. It's going to be a long seven weeks.

Now I have to go bury myself in my Folklore project. Kbye.

4 comments:

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

Haha all of my classes are two hours +, but it makes me happy because we only have them once a week except for one. Good luck with this term, I feel ya...my program has us taking ten hours.

Lyse said...

Ha, I've totally seen that Seinfeld episode, its so funny. But i bet its funnier if you read it...

I also feel kind of special because this was all told to me on the soccer field. I don't want any of these classes to become excuses for you leaving me alone at those games...

Lisa said...

Oh I'm pretty sure I've seen that teacher before! I quite enjoy the HP analogy....but it's so true, shouldn't the interesting-looking teachers be..interesting? haha

Robyn Carr said...

haha. I'm glad you found the episode- I was rofl when I saw it the other day! I have never read the book or seen the movie, perhaps I should.
I had a prof at BYU with his hand missing- he had a nub that he kept hooking his rubber bands on- I would just watch to make sure he didn't launch it into the class. You will survive . . .only weeks to go :)