Image Map

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Made in the 80's

Fun factoid, Dan and I have a slight obsession with the 80's.  Our favorite movie? Made in the 80's.  Music?  One of our go-to playlists is made up of 80's one-hit-wonders.  Hair?  Ok, maybe that's where we draw the line, but as far as decades go, the 80's were totally radical!!

So, when we got an invite to our friend Mike's SURPRISE 80's Birthday Bash, we couldn't pass up the opportunity to go all out.  Fortunately, we had a few friends that decided to go all out with us, so we didn't look like total losers...


Leg warmers and leggings.  Our legs WILL NOT get cold!!

Love these ladies!!

Best picture ever!





So, I had decided that my inspiration for this night would be Molly Ringwald a la Pretty in Pink...and funnily enough, Dan (before ever seeing my outfit or hearing a description), came out in this, and told me he was trying to look like Blaine in Pretty in Pink. So who makes the better couple, Andie and Blaine, or me and Dan?  The answer is:...we do, of course!  Since Andie should have ended up with Duckie anyways!  Blaine's not a name, it's a major appliance!!! (Hopefully somebody, somewhere out there, got that reference...)


I don't know whether to be proud or embarrassed by the fact that everything I'm wearing was already in my closet.  I'm gonna go with proud.  Happy Birthday, Mike!!

2 comments:

Paige Taylor Evans said...

That looks like a radical party! Wish we could have been there!

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

These pictures of y'all are much cuter than the awkward ones Devin and I took at the ugly Christmas party.

I could never go for the 80s hair thing either. I'll have to post the 80s prom dress I acquired in high school and was paid to wear to Walmart...small town entertainment.

I have never seen Pretty in Pink...haha. I know, I know, but my parents were born in 49 and teenagers in the 60s.