Image Map

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sea Side Breeze

We have less than a week left here in the South.  It's kind of crazy to think; when we first came out here, it seemed like we had forever.  And five weeks is a long time!  It's going to be a little weird going home and trying to get back into the groove of everything.  I'm not looking forward to having to do my own cooking and cleaning again--but I miss my husband.  And our home.  And...maybe even quiet time, which is hard to come by in a full house.  But while I enjoy my last few days here in Raleigh, I thought I would play a little catch up here on the blog...


We had to go the beach at least once while we were out here, and I'm glad we did!  The past couple times London has been, she has been terrified of the sand.  She wouldn't put her toes in, and you could forget about taking her down to the water.  But this time, she made me so proud! She faced her fears and walked away triumphant! I think we can look forward to many more beach days!  It might be London's new favorite place--she was so mad when we had to leave.  Good thing SoCal has plenty of beaches for us to occupy ourselves with! 

Some sea creatures!


We went to Atlantic Beach, which is where my dad used to go to when he was growing up.  It's funny how different going to the beach on the East Coast can be--I mean, on one hand a beach is a beach and it's always nice to be down near the water, but out here, the water isn't quite so frigid, it's hardly ever overcast, and there aren't as many people.  It's also nice to not have to worry about any big waves coming to knock London over. 


 

After we finished up at the beach, we went to get some fried seafood, because it's not a trip to the beach out here without some!  As per usual, I got my fried flounder, although I want to know who ever actually eats BOTH of the gigantic fillets they bring you.  Because I'm pregnant and I still didn't finish.  Regardless, what I did manage to eat was delicious as always.  Already looking forward to our next trip. :)
We always seem to end up here...


No comments: