Image Map

Friday, June 7, 2013

You're playing with the big boys now

Today we are experiencing something new for London--a tropical storm!  It's kind of soothing listening to the rain, and London was entranced watching it from the window.  And it's kind of cool that Papa got to come home early from work!  But right now we're just hoping the creek out back doesn't flood over into the yard.  And post-poning the backyard camp out we had planned this weekend... Dan, aren't you sold on moving to the South yet??? ;)

The constant stream of raindrops has lulled everyone else in this house to sleep, and London's nap time has now morphed into everyone's nap time.  That's ok though, it gives me a little time catch up on blogging before we head out to celebrate National Doughnut Day at Krispy Kreme.

So, this post is kind of about my brothers.  I don't know if you heard, but they're quite the strapping young gentlemen these days!  It's always kind of weird for me to come home and see these boys who I will probably perpetually picture in my mind at 5 and 9 are actually 14 and 18.  And you know, going through puberty, and starting high school, or GRADUATING high school, and going to dances and winning awards and growing into teenagers who are rapidly becoming young adults.  Weird, am I right??  But at least they are still my awesome, funny, fantastic, dorky/nerdy little brothers.  Some things never change.

Here we have bachelor #1...just kidding, this is Ti before heading off to the 8th grade formal!
 Ti is excited to be entering the great, wide, world of high school next fall.  He's still trying to decide on which extra-curricular activities he wants to do--cross country and track like Hopey, or taking to the stage like Spicer-man.  Decisions, decisions.  Maybe he can be an overacheiver and do both??
He came home informing us that he created a new dance, The Titus.
 While we're on the subject of Spicer and drama, we got to attend his ITS (International Thespian Society) Banquet.  As my father always says, "That's thespians, not lesbians." Bet you've never heard that one before, have ya??  Not only did we get to witness Spicer's great triumph in winning the award for "Most Enthusiastic" (for the third year running!), but we also had the pleasure of watching him perform.  I'm telling you, this kid is going to do great things.  Some day Spicer will be a household name!! And that'll show all the nay-sayers and doubters and bullies from his high school who I want to punch in the face.  Oops, sorry, did I get a little off-track there?  The point is, Spicer has the personality and the talent to fit that name, and I'm excited to see where he goes from here!
Spicer getting his cords for graduation.
Thank ya, thank ya, thank ya very much!

Accepting his award. "I'd like to thank the Academy!!"
Spicer and Ti also attended the Rose Prom (or the Mormon Prom).  I think they look quite dapper, what do you think?


Please note the subtle tie-change since his last dance!

Helloooo Ladies!


They grow up so fast!  And don't they both have incredible fashion sense for boys their age?? I'm always impressed.

You know you've reached adulthood when you're big enough to give your own father piggy-back rides...
I'm so grateful to be able to come home and spend time with my family.  I love them so much and it is hard to be so far away.  Hopefully someday that won't be the case, but for right now I'm enjoying every second of the madness!

And just so you know, the women in our family are equally attractive. ;)


London's latest new word, "Papa!"  So she's enjoying North Carolina too.  Although she does still ask for "Dada" quite a bit.  We miss that guy!!

No comments: